Preparing, creating, and safeguarding a financial nest egg can be overwhelming. You can trust the expertise of Financial Consulate’s financial planners in Gettysburg, PA. Our team of Certified Financial Planners (CFPs) and accountants adhere to a strict code of values. In addition, we require our financial advisors to maintain continuing education in excess of the requirement of the CFP® Board and are one of the few financial advisory firms nationwide that are registered with the rigorous ethical standards of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA).
We’ll help you manage your investments while following stringent rules and regulations. Perhaps you’re contemplating the impact of a forthcoming event, such as retirement, inheritance, the sale of a business, or the death of a spouse. Everyone’s financial needs and goals are unique, and our fee-only financial planners work tirelessly to cater our financial planning services to suit you.
Gettysburg Fee-Only Financial Advisors
There are two primary ways companies in the investment industry earn money: commissions and fees. Before the Investment Advisors Act of 1940, most investment products were sold by brokers who collected a commission on the sale price of the transaction. On an individual basis, this is perfectly acceptable, but it opens the door to unscrupulous behavior. After all, a broker’s loyalty is to his company, and the more transactions he completes, the larger his bonus will be. That’s why we do things differently.
Financial Consulate uses the fee-only financial advising method. This means an advisor collects a percentage of the total investment portfolio, thus aligning the interests of the client and advisor. After all, when the portfolio increases in value, both parties benefit. There are no commissions, kickbacks, or referral fees to get in the way of putting our clients’ interests first, and we won’t try to sell you products you don’t want or need.
Retirement Planning in Gettysburg
With retirement planning services in Gettysburg from Financial Consulate, we’ll help you develop a financial strategy to help you live a comfortable lifestyle after you stop working. Here are some of the critical factors we analyze:
- Accumulated assets and debts
- Estimated earned income and expenses from now until retirement
- Estimated rate of return on existing investments
- Income needs and expenses after retirement
- Current and post-retirement tax income and capital gains tax rates
- Required minimum distributions and related taxes
- Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid eligibility and benefits
When Should I Start Planning for Retirement?
The biggest piece of retirement advice we can offer our customers in Gettysburg is this: Start planning for retirement right now. The sooner you start working with a financial planner, the better equipped you’ll be to retire with a healthy nest egg.
What Makes a Good Retirement Advisor?
The company you turn to for retirement advice can have a big impact on your life after you stop working. As you look for a retirement financial planner in Gettysburg, consider the characteristics that set Financial Consulate apart:
- Fee-only services: This means we never accept commissions or referral kickbacks. As a result, the investment opportunities we suggest are always in the very best interest of our clients.
- Certified: The retirement advisors at Financial Consulate are required to obtain at least one well-recognized credential, such as Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA). Many hold multiple designations.
- Highly educated: Our team maintains the highest level of continuing education required in the financial planning industry.
- Experienced: Our senior advisors have numerous years of experience in the industry. When a new advisor joins our team, they must work under a mentor for a minimum of two to five years.
- NAPFA-registered: Less than one percent of financial advisors in the U.S. adhere to the strict guidelines of the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors (NAPFA), which require objective, confidential, competent, and fully disclosed services to every client.
Certified Financial Planners (CFP) in Frederick
It’s important to only trust your investment portfolio to a Certified Financial Planner, or CFP. These professionals are licensed by the CFP Board after completing the following qualifications:
- Earn a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university
- Complete the CFP Board financial planning education requirements
- Complete the seven-hour CFP Certification exam
- Gain three years of qualifying work experience
- Pass the Candidate Fitness standards and background check
The financial advisors on our team are all highly qualified to manage your financial investments. At Financial Consulate, we pride ourselves on the high level of education, credentials, and experience we can bring to our clients to ensure you have a successful financial future.
How Can a Retirement Financial Planner Help Me?
If you’re looking for retirement planning services “near me,” you might be wondering how a financial planner can help you reach your goals. Stop stressing about your retirement plan and let Financial Consulate take it from here.
We’ll assist you in developing a strategy to help you live comfortably after retirement. We can also help you determine an estimate of when you should retire and with how many assets. In the meantime, we’ll manage your retirement investments to help fund your retirement needs and goals.
Investment Advisory & Wealth Management
Monitoring and acting upon the continually changing investment market is a delicate and time-consuming affair that is rife with potential pitfalls. The experienced and ethical investment advisory team at Financial Consulate in Gettysburg can help you manage your return on investment by diversifying your portfolio and continually monitoring its progress with regard to your financial circumstances and life events.
Our wealth management team takes the time to carefully assess every aspect of your financial standing before making any advisement. This gives us an insider’s view of your specific situation so that we can formulate an investment recommendation that suits you perfectly.
Learn How Financial Consulate Can Help You
The financial planners in Gettysburg at Financial Consulate are highly qualified to manage your wealth, plan your retirement, and perform other financial services. We take an educational approach to financial planning and will never attempt to invest your assets without ensuring it’s the right fit for you. We have taken the Fiduciary Oath to always work in our clients’ best interest at all times!
To work with an experienced, ethical CFP in Gettysburg, please contact Financial Consulate today.